Thread: [Answers] Report

Threaded View

Lianja MVP

[Answers] Report

using the <%@ include=... %> directive (to include code from another file - great if you have standard elements that you want to use in more than one report) and the <%=...%> directive to evaluate an expression and embed it directly in the html.
    Putting my money where my mouth is and starting designing in ckeditor in a webview (as per Hank's post)
    then adding in a bit of CSS (check out Hank's other great recommendation for an online CSS editor here)
    and some NoSQL to grab the data
    and <%=...%> directives to include it in the html, I came up with the following:

Probably not that tricky as an rsp page actually. Just work out the table layout in html then pull in the data. It would be worth you having a look at the report.rsp script in the Library - that is simpler than yours, but shows how to integrate NoSQL/SQL data commands and html.

Q:
    What is the best way to create a report based on multiple tables (probably 5 or 6 tables)?
    A:
    In terms of the 'report' itself - what do you ultimately want to do with the report? If you can lay out a Page with the information you need displayed, you can use:

Code:
    Lianja.showdocument("page:pagename?action=print")
    To save the Page as a pdf and from there print, share etc.

Report sections are based on the Library file report.rsp.
    The code is included in the distribution and can be customized or used as a template -
    if you look at the Reports in lianjademo, they are actually WebView sections based on a variation of report.rsp, with the parameters passed in the URL.

Report.rsp, does an actual USE of the table you specify in the attributes. You could use a virtual table based on a select from multiple tables as the table name, or an open cursor, since it checks first to see if the table is in use.
    The filter is used to construct a WHERE clause for the SELECT statement generated within report.rsp.
    It is just the <condition> part of the sql select ... where <condition> that you enter in the filter attribute. The report.rsp code builds the rest of the sql statement.

Q:
    Is there a way to specify the report SQL statement instead of the table name as my report involves multiple tables?
    A:
    create a "local" Virtual Table that provides a view of the data you are interested in.
    As I have mentioned on many occasions, any sections that are based on WebViews are written as .rsp files and can be copied and extended to better suite your needs and customization requirements.

Q:
    how can I display a PDF document in full screen? In my case, the PDF file is encrypted with a password.
    A:
    Install adobe reader and use the Activex is probably the easiest solution if you want to prompt for a password.
    If you create a "Form" programmatically in a delegate then add an activex to it that embeds Adobe reader, you can maximize the form on top of your app and call the methods in the activex control.
    This restricts you to windows as activex is a Microsoft specific technology.
    Also FYI, any file that you try to open in windows using Lianja.showDocument() will open using the file association based in the file extension. e.g. Lianja.showDocument( "file.pdf" ) will open the pdf file in Adobe reader whereas Lianja.showDocument("file.xlsx") will open it in Excel.

Q:
    Can you tell me where I can find my .rsp file?
    My app is called, "akamaivoter" and the page with the report section is named "Walktest".
    I opened my app and then in the left panel, clicked on "Library". A list of folders and files displayed, some with the .rsp extension. However, none with the name of "walktest" or "akamaivoter". I also went to my windows explorer and did a search "walktest" as well as *.rsp and "akamaivoter" and didn't see it.
    A:
    There is no code as such.
    If its a report section then look at the attributes. These are postfixed onto lib:/report.rsp to generate the report.
    Its one report.rsp file for all reports and it resides in the library workspace.

If all you want to do is generate a PDF file, do you realize that any HTML that is formatted in a WebView can be saved as a PDF file? This is all built-in.

​All topics in [Answers] alphabetically:http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2017-01-13 at 04:42.