Thread: New Shape Widget

New Shape Widget

Hi

In VFP there is a shape widget that supports rounded corners and border styles and fill colors. It would be nice to have such a widget in Lianja.

Thanks,
    Simon White

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    The shape widget is already implemented. Have a look at the custom section in the lianjademo.

OTOH, if you create a label, you can set the CSS style which does this plus much more e.g gradient fill, border-radius etc.

All controls can be skinned by setting their CSS.

Lianja MVP
    Until Lianja gets a built-in CSS editor (hint: 1.x ), there are online CSS editors for doing things like that visually, and then getting the CSS as pasteable text. For example, http://www.css3maker.com/

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by dcipher View Post
    Hi

In VFP there is a shape widget that supports rounded corners and border styles and fill colors. It would be nice to have such a widget in Lianja.

Thanks,
    Simon White
    Yes I can see them in the demo but they are not available that I can see from the "advanced widget" list in the app builder so is that an oversight or must they be added to the page using code?

Thanks,
    Simon

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have not included all controls/widgets in the "Advanced" menu. Is the "Shape" that you want not possible using a label with CSS? What shape exactly are you thinking of?

The one I would use most often would be a box shape with/without rounded corners used to group related items together visually on the screen. I often used the VFP shape control for this purpose.

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You should be able to use a label for that purpose together with CSS. We will look into it as well as the z-order to make it more useful.