Thread: [Answers] App Center-1

Threaded View

Lianja MVP

[Answers] App Center-1

Make sure you have put your
    icon in .\lianja\library\ and not .\lianja\lib\

Make a copy of the file \Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\login.r sp, modify it to your liking and then change the default page in the Lianja Server Manager to point to your new file.

App Center is the desktop client (runtime) and the default login is admin/admin. When you start the Lianja App Builder, you are logged in automatically. You can also use admin/admin as the username/password if you log out and want to log in again. The Lianja App Builder includes the Lianja App Center for testing your Apps once built, published and deployed.

If you include the Lianja App Center desktop client in your Installer as discussed on the Forums previously (and the default behaviour of the Installer template), your users will start the Lianja App Center from the desktop shortcut, just as you can do on your development machine.

The App Center should be looking for Library files in C:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\library.

Q:
    Is there an easy way to have a top menu bar sort of an application toolbar that provide user direct accessibility to sertain functions from any pages or any apps?
    In my case, I have many apps and want the toolbar to available to the user once they login to the app centre which display all my apps. The
    toolbar should persists when user get into the page centre too.
    This will be similar to the top toolbar in Lianja app builder provides where we find options like "Dashboard", "Documentation", "Reset" and "Logout"
    A:
    The App Center and the Page Center are .rsp files that generate dynamic HTML5/JavaScript.
    you can customize these with your own background image and branding, and also add the menu bar that you mention by reading the appcenter.rsp source code.

Q:
    I have a test app and now I want to see if I can create an installation file that I can run on another computer. I'd like to be able to run my app on a computer that does not have Lianja installed.
    Looks like I need to install the "App Center Runtime Client Only" installed in \Lianja\Redist.
    A:
    Just download the App Center Distro that matches the version of the App Builder and copy it into the redist directory.
    This will be embedded in your installer file for you App and will install quietly on the target machine if it is not already installed.

Q:
    What is the easiest way to customise the APP Center login screen?
    Want to change the "Lianja login" and graphics, window title etc but will obviously leave all the copyright stuff intact at the bottom.

This is App Center on the desktop (we are using RDP to serve up Lianja). We don't use Server Manager.
    On dev machine have modified every version of Login.rsp & nothing changes when we fire up app Center.

A:
    That's because you start Lianja with the --rdp switch which uses login_rdp.rsp not login.rsp.
    it will be in the following location for desktop apps started with the --rdp command line switch:
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\appcenter\login_rdp.rsp
    Without that switch it is in:
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\appcenter\login.rsp
    After logging in the App Center will be displayed.
    This is in:
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\appcenter\appcenter.rsp
    and for --rdp
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\appcenter\appcenter_rdp.rsp
    For Web Apps it is located in a tenancy (default is public) so it can be customized for each customer in a hosted cloud.
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\login .rsp
    and then the App Center...
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\appce nter.rsp
    So... You would setup virtual host mapping in the http server to map a customers data and apps. e.g. smithco.lianja.com which would you map to.
    c:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\smithco\wwwroot\
    The customer then would hit on

http://smithco.lianja.com/login.rsp

Which would cause all data accessed and all apps run to be via that virtual hosts wwwroot. If you register a domain name for the customer and setup the address record for that domain (e.g. in network solutions) you can then redirect to your hosted apps. e.g.
    http://www.smithcoapps.com/

You can then have the default page to be login.rsp.
    This is basically how multi-tenancy works in Lianja Cloud Server. One server and multiple customers. The "Tenancy" is the "domain" specified for the user when they login.
    Also note that when firing up a desktop app using --rdp you can have different login and app centers for each customer.
    You accomplish this using the --customer custname command line switch.
    This causes login_custname and app center_custname to be used so you can host multiple customers on a single server.
    I hope this better explains how to customize the user experience for individual hosted customers.

In fact thats for the Web Client.
    The desktop client (for --rdp) is in:
    c:\lianja]cloudserver\appcenter\login_rdp.rsp

All topics in [Answers] alphabetically: http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352
    This same topic is extended to another thread: http://www.lianja.com/community/show...s-App-Center-2
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-10-24 at 03:12.