Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trial or Purchase License fails to activate

Trial or Purchase License fails to activate

Please see the Lianja Wiki for the latest information on license management and troubleshooting:

License Management

License Troubleshooting
    Last edited by yvonne.milne; 2016-09-21 at 10:47. Reason: Replaced out of date information

Hi , I create and account on Linja for a trial version. First I download the Mac trial version but I decide to try first the windows version and I download it. But when I'm installed the windows application he askme for my account ID and Pass.. i singn with it but it not recognize them , it told me that their is an error on ID name or password.. I download 1st the mac version , that is an issue or not..I'm not goin to install the Mac version waiting for a solution...Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by tariff76 View Post
    Hi , I create and account on Linja for a trial version. First I download the Mac trial version but I decide to try first the windows version and I download it. But when I'm installed the windows application he askme for my account ID and Pass.. i singn with it but it not recognize them , it told me that their is an error on ID name or password.. I download 1st the mac version , that is an issue or not..I'm not goin to install the Mac version waiting for a solution...Thanks in advance..
    The Lianja App Center is the desktop client (runtime). If you want to develop Apps, you need to uninstall the Lianja App Center and download and install the Lianja App Builder.

When you start the Lianja App Builder, you are logged in automatically. You can also use admin/admin as the username/password if you log out and want to log in again. The Lianja App Builder includes the Lianja App Center for testing your Apps once built, published and deployed. The default login for the Lianja App Center is admin/admin.

The Lianja product description says "Each Lianja APaaS Developer License can be activated on up to 3 separate machines." I installed Lianja on my development machine in Hong Kong and now I am traveling to another country and tried installing Lianja to one of my computers in another country and I get the message that the Activation Key is invalid. Accessing my HK development machine using Teamviewer is possible but yields an unsatisfactory experience. How should I proceed?

Lianja MVP
    Hi,

Until you get official answer I can give you information I know.

I suppose you installed Lianja Cloud Server on some other machine, too
    (for testing in a more realistic situation, being sure on that machine there is no source code, unlike in serious realistic testing anything on your development one).
    Although we developers do not see it that way, it decreases your number of available licences.

The APaaS license is a combined Lianja App Builder and Lianja Cloud Server license for that device. Activation through the App Builder or Server Manager will count as an activation on that device.
    Yes, that means a developer can have development on 2 separate machines (not 3 as it sounds first).
    Only developers who are not interested in cloud technology can have Lianja development on 3.

According this Cloud scenario assumed in your case, I advice you to temporary give up of Cloud on that other testing machine, so : (1) deactivate it in Lianja Server Manager and (2) uninstall it.
    This way you will get 1 developer licence back.

1 licence is left questionable for you, as you say. I recommend you solve this submitting a ticket.

There, after telling your activation key, Lianja team will tell you when every your licence was activated and from which IP address.
    I hope they have some info of hardware where is installed too (I know I would), to help you figure out what happened in your case.

If you did some stupid thing and lost 1 licence, check it here: http://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/...nse_Management
    Be sure that all can be worked out. They are very reasonable.

In general, your problem need to be solved on individual basis by ticket or email.
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-03-19 at 04:51.

I uninstalled Lianja on my Hong Kong machine (via Teamviewer) and then tried to install Lianja on another computer. When I enter my Activation Key I get the error message "License Activation Failed (FFFFFE93). Going to create a Ticket

Lianja MVP
    Did you DEACTIVATE licence before uninstalling?
    Is internet connection ok during installation?

Name:  Screenshot - 19.3.2016. , 19_10_06.png
Views: 468
Size:  23.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne.milne View Post
    Please read the following if your trial license reports that it has expired immediately on installation or if your purchased license fails to activate:

1. First check your system date. If your system date is incorrect, correct it and restart your machine, then restart your Lianja product or retry the license activation.

2. If you installed Lianja App Builder on Windows and did not install in the default C:\Lianja\ folder, check that you defined the LIANJA_DIR environment variable pre-installation as instructed on the Download page and illustrated on this screenshot (looks a bit complicated but really very simple). If you did not set up the environment variable pre-installation, set it up now and re-run the installer.

3. If you installed Lianja Cloud Server or Lianja SQL Server and did not install in the default C:\Lianja\ folder, our apologies, but the Lianja Servers are looking for licenses in C:\Lianja\licenses. Please copy your <installation-path>\Lianja\licenses folder to C:\Lianja\licenses.

4. If you are activating a purchased license, please make sure you have an active Internet connection. If you are on Windows and are using a proxy server, your Internet Explorer proxy server settings will be used. This is the case even if IE is not your default browser, so the settings in IE need to be valid.

5. Still having problems? Let us know.

Regards,

Yvonne
    Hi Yvonne, I set up Lianja using default folders and have an internet connection. I have uninstalled Lianja on my Hong Kong machine and now cannot install it on my machine here in Trinidad.Plus I have a presentation to my client tomorrow!!!

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You need to submit a ticket and provide us with your license activation key. If you have activated 3 times then license activation will fail.

You did submit a ticket but you did not provide us with the activation key that was emailed to you when you purchased Lianja.
    Last edited by barrymavin; 2016-03-20 at 19:15.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I looked your purchase and your activation key. Your apass developer key is showing no activations.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin