Thread: "UI States" & "Visible when"

Post "UI States" & "Visible when"

hi,

Could you please let me know how I could use the "UI States" and "Visible when" properties(?) under the "UI Presentation Rules?

And one more question :-) How can I use the transitions like the ones mentioned here by Barry?

I have few Form, Webview and custom gadgets. Can I use any of the SlideUp,FadeIn methods etc on those objects?

Cheers,
    Murali

Hi Murali,

First thing to bear in mind, is that the UI Presentation Rules apply at Runtime, so toggle into Runtime View when you want to see the effect of these.

UI States are demonstrated in the example_uistates App (in the Lianja App Builder distribution). The Orders grid has the UI States 'state1' and 'state2' set in the UI Presentation Rules. States can be defined using the UI States Editor to set up property values when a particular state is active. There is more information about UI States here and here and complete documentation to come.

Visible when takes a condition. When the condition evaluates to .F. (false) the object will not be visible. Note: for sections this is only currently available for Form and Grid standard Sections.

Regards,

Yvonne

hi Yvonne,

Cool thanks. As for the transitions, I managed to get it working (perfectly that is) :-)

Thanks & Regards,
    Murali