Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Clock

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TheButcheryInc View Post
    Hi Yvonne

Thank you for the help. i will have may apps that have many fields on one section that will perform differnent commands based on the keypressed while in that field. I'm not sure how that will work with a section based HotKey.
    Hi Glen,

Use the section Hotkey to handle the 'Esc' - it should just return if the parameter passed is not 'Esc'. Individual fields can use Interactive Change or Hotkey depending on the other keys you want to trap.

Regards,

Yvonne

Hello again

the time clock program is operating in the delevopment environment. thank you for all you help. I have noticed that when i setfocus to a field the GotFocus event fires multiple times. is this normal ? Tested by ? ("hello") in the event.

Glen

Hi Yvonne

I will look into it asap. thank you for your assistance

Hello
    I am testing the select code in the console and the order does not to change.

select datetime as Time,Type from Butchery!VT_LocalPunch where ttod(Datetime)=Date() and Badge=m_badge order by time desc
    Result:
    TIME TYPE

09/29/2023 09:48:15 AM 1
    09/29/2023 10:50:39 AM 3
    09/29/2023 10:51:44 AM 1

3 records selected in <1ms

select datetime as Time,Type from Butchery!VT_LocalPunch where ttod(Datetime)=Date() and Badge=m_badge order by time asc

Result:
    TIME TYPE

09/29/2023 09:48:15 AM 1
    09/29/2023 10:50:39 AM 3
    09/29/2023 10:51:44 AM 1

3 records selected in 31ms

The order function works on the "TYPE" field

Hello
    I am asking about the virtual table connections because i have the following issue.
    I run the following code:
    if !used([VT_TimeType])
    Use Butchery!VT_TimeType in 0 shared
    Endif
    if !used([VT_LocalPunch])
    use Butchery!vt_localpunch in 0 shared
    Endif
    if !used([VT_PayPunch])
    use Butchery!vt_Paypunch in 0 shared
    Endif
    fields(6).addItems("select substr(ttoc(vt_LocalPunch.datetime),12,11) as Time,Type,VT_TimeType.Label from Butchery!VT_LocalPunch Inner Join Butchery!VT_TimeType on VT_LocalPunch.Type=VT_TimeType.Type where vt_LocalPunch.Badge='"+fields(5).text+"' and ttod(Datetime)=Date() order by datetime desc")

And the data presents in the correct Datetime sorted order

I run:
    if !used([VT_TimeType])
    Use Butchery!VT_TimeType in 0 shared
    Endif
    if !used([VT_LocalPunch])
    use Butchery!vt_localpunch in 0 shared
    Endif
    if !used([VT_PayPunch])
    use Butchery!vt_Paypunch in 0 shared
    Endif
    Fields(6).AddItems("Select substr(ttoc(VT_Paypunch.datetime),12,11) as Time,VT_PayPunch.Type,VT_TimeType.Label from Butchery!VT_PayPunch Inner Join Butchery!VT_TimeType On VT_PayPunch.Type=VT_TimeType.Type where vt_PayPunch.Badge='"+fields(5).text+"' and ttod(Datetime)=Date() order by Datetime Desc")
    And teh data doe not sort correctly.

Hi Glen,

Try running the SQL Select in the command window / Console and check the results. You can also try with just the single table and order. Also the explain command or set explain on give information about a SQL Select.

For the vt definitions, the 'basetable' should not reference the path, but that should not affect the order. I cannot immediately see anything else that would cause a problem.

Regards,

Yvonne

Hello
    Can anyone tell me if there are Lianja programmers who can review / consult on the programs i work on. i am new to Lianja and i can't find any online courses. I want to try to get the basics correct for moving forward with converting my VFP projects i have developed over the years.
    Thanks

Glen

Hello
    I am trying to fill in an employee badge number in a field then get the employee info from a table and update the employee name in another field. at the same time i am looking up any clocked in information for that employee for that day in another table. i want to then show the information for any clocked in inforamtion in a grid similar to the grids created in VFP. Is this possible without opening a new section. This app should run all day on a pc in a small window in the bottom right corner of the screen. (250x300)

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You can do that in a canvas section.

Drop a textbox on the canvas.

Add a data bound grid to the table that contains the log of clocking in.

in the changed delegate for the textbox filter the grid contents.

What is it you don’t understand?
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Hello

Is there any way to access the data in a tree grid that i fill with the following:

fields(6).addItems("select substr(ttoc(vt_LocalPunch.datetime),12,11) as Time,VT_TimeType.Label,Type from Butchery!VT_LocalPunch Inner Join Butchery!VT_TimeType on VT_LocalPunch.Type = VT_TimeType.Type where vt_LocalPunch.Badge='"+fields(5).text+"' and ttod(Datetime)=Date() order by datetime desc")

I would like to get the Type value for the top record in the grid ?