Thread: Public variables turns to Logical False

Public variables turns to Logical False

Hi!

public m_reccount as Numeric
    public m_newID as Numeric

When created this global variables, they were identified as Numeric. And the calculations within my methods, including the binding of the m.variable to the UI attributes worked perfectly. However, on the next day, when I continued my work, the variable became Logical False. I even tried re doing it or double checking it. I've tried all that I could but still didn't understand why it became that way.

What I wanted to do was create a pop where you can add an employee. This newID logic was in the code of the popup. I realized that to make the code of the popup work, i had to add script to the library and copy them to my app.

Here are the instances that I did on that day before:
    1. created a modal window using the page library, the code behind of modal was also save in the page library.
    2. copied the scipt of the modal to my app
    3. called the modal using a show dialog
    4. everything works perfectly.
    5. come next day and continued working. realized that the value turned false.

Is there something wrong with my process? can you please enlighten me?

Lianja MVP
    Hi,

It would help if you can make and upload the package (LPK) of your app and your database.
    If you can make a smaller simulate app with southwind, even better (maybe you even solve your problem while doing this)
    Then we can all explore what is going on with your app.

Packaging the app:
    1.close app
    2.click "Deploy" workspace
    3.check mark your app and database it uses (need only if it is not southwind we all have)
    4.click package icon in title bar (tooltip: Build package)
    5.give some name and click OK
    6.make a forum post and upload your LPK-file from C:\Lianja\packages

Without that it is hard to follow the steps you did, without all your app environment.

Before the package, I would use App inspector to debug, toggling Watch with these variables to see WHEN exactly they change the value and type while running app.
    Also, I would see if changing the name of one of these variables makes the difference.
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2017-02-01 at 02:35.

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Josip,

You can search globally across all files from inside the script editor "Find All"...
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin