Thread: Table columns go missing in App Builder

Table columns go missing in App Builder

My column names sometimes disappear in the app builder (in the Databases list), I have tried to get the sequence of events but it is very random. I tried some things to get the steps to reproduce and found that when I did as below it happened 3 or 4 times on the trot, on the 5th time though the columns re-appeared and I could not get them to disappear again!

1. Open app builder with no apps open
    2. Go to Database & add a new db
    3. Add a new table and add a column when prompted - all is ok at this point
    4. Go back to Databases and click 'Close' to close the db
    5. Double-click the db to re-open.
    6. Now the table shows but when I click the table, the column list is empty

Is this a known issue?

Hi Alia,

Not something that we have had any reports of and not something I can reproduce based on your steps.

If you can still reproduce it, can you submit a ticket along with full window screenshots for each stage and I will try again to reproduce it.

Thanks,

Yvonne

I'll keep my eye on it but unfortunately I don't always realise immediately so it's hard to say what the sequence was.

It's happened quite a few times now - how I found out was that I saw a column missing (that I was sure I had added) when I tried to add it I got the message that the column exists. I closed and re-opened the app builder and sure enough the missing column re-appeared.

Lianja MVP
    Alia,

after you programmatically alter a database (in the dev environment) it's a good idea to rebuild database. That should eliminate the issue. Reopening the app builder does an automatic rebuild database for the database connected with the app.

Hank

Thanks Hank. I am pretty certain that I had this problem occur even without editing the database at all.

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cannot reproduce this. Works as expected. You have been playing around with creating tables externally (based on previous posts). What have you been using to create the tables?

If you can provide reproducible steps then we can investigate this but with a large number of licenses sold we have had no report of any issue like this.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Quote Originally Posted by barrymavin View Post
    I cannot reproduce this. Works as expected. You have been playing around with creating tables externally (based on previous posts). What have you been using to create the tables?

If you can provide reproducible steps then we can investigate this but with a large number of licenses sold we have had no report of any issue like this.
    This didn't have anything to do with creating tables in any unusual way, it happened when using app builder ide only. If I am able to get reliable steps to reproduce I will post here...