There are a wide range of transitions that you set for individual pages.

Q:
I have a page with a single calendar section and I have set the page transition effect to "Flip"
However, I do not see the expected flip when I use Lianja.showdocument() to display the calendar page
May I know what other attributes I need to set to make the transition effect work?
A:
Page transitions are only effective in Web/Mobile Apps. The attribute is ignored in Desktop Apps.

Q:
I need to sound a short alarm or beep to user at invalid input
A:
I have added Lianja.beep() into v1.3RC6.

In v1.3RC5 there is a new App delegate called "Inactive" and an attribute "Inactive interval". The delegate is called if there have been no user input events (key press, mouse click or touch event) for the specified number of seconds. You can then issue a Lianja.home() to return to the app center, Lianja.logout() to log the user out or Lianja.showdocument() to switch to another page.
This only operates in runtime mode not development mode.

I've added a new function inputEvents() to v1.3.
It returns the number of input events i.e. mouse clicks or key presses.
You can then determine in a timer if there has been no activity and logout or return to the App Center or Page Center (or whatever page you want).
This can be used to handle Kiosk inactivity timeouts.

Q:
[Is it] possible to define hot keys that will perform some specific action for the user such as CTRL-L
A:
In a desktop App you can handle hot keys in the "Hotkey" delegate which is passed the name of the function key pressed e.g. "F2" "Ctrl+F2" "Shift+Ctrl+F2" etc.
Control keys are operating system and GUI UI control dependent and cannot be used for that purpose in most GUIs.
e.g.
F2
Ctrl+F2
Shift+F2
Ctrl+Shift+F2

Q:
Is there a similar ability to test for a formitem.Visible ?
A:
Code:
if Lianja.get("page1.section1.field1").visible
// do something
endif

Q:
What is the best way to test to see if a page (full page edit = .T.) & therefore the sections are in editmode.
A:
Code:
if Lianja.get("page1.section1").editing
//
endif

Q:
in the console under the javascript page,
Code:
Lianja.showMessage("test");
works as I would expect. However,
Code:
Lianja.messagebox("test");
is throwing an error.

A:
messageBox() is not a Lianja method, it's a normal VFP function available in JavaScript so remove the Lianja.

Q:
Well, I need show a diferent message in the label, for each case of result, from the user activity.
Depending the user activity, we change the text to show.
A:
Then use { expression } macros in the caption and just refresh the field.
Changing the captions with text would be saved with the App and have undesirable affects.

​All topics in [Answers] alphabetically:http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352