Thread: ctrl-W - call Data_changed() delegate

ctrl-W - call Data_changed() delegate

Is there a way to allow a ctrl-w command to call a data changed delegate when editing data in a grid section?

I have a grid section that has a data change delegate that works great to refresh another section when I use the green check mark at the bottom of the green section, but common practice with our current software is to use the ctrl-w which does save the data as well, but does not call the data change delegate like the green check mark does.
    Last edited by rdd1963; 2018-01-15 at 10:18.

Lianja MVP
    Hi,

Did you find out your "CTRL+W" in the grid?
    The delegate for the hotkey event, e.g. F1-F12, Ins, Backspace, Delete, Up, Down, Left, Right, PgUp, PgDn, Home, End, ctrl+F1, alt+F1, shift+F1 (and other ctrl/alt/shift + combinations).
    It should work in the grid section. https://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php...legates#Hotkey

Have you some code that does not work in this delegate?
    Or maybe I do not fully understand your problem.

Josip
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2018-01-16 at 01:32.

CTRL+W is a legacy command from foxpro that is a quit and save function it does work as such in a grid section, when editing a record, but does not activate the data change delegate. The delegete works fine if I use the green check mark to quit and save the grid section change. From my understanding I cannot set CTRL+W up as a hotkey unless I am missing something. Maybe it just can't be done.

Lianja MVP
    You are right.
    Hotkey delegate is only for "non-entered keypresses" i.e. F1...F12 (plus some keys like hone,end,pgup...) in combinations with CTRL or ALT or Shift.
    A letter, as an "entered keypress" (printable characters?) in any combination is not recognized in Hotkey.

Last edited by josipradnik; 2018-01-17 at 04:19.