Thread: package app crash

package app crash

Hi Lianja Team, I would like to ask why does my lianja app builder crashes when I install a package then run the app? I always create a package as my personal backup and sometimes open it to another computer to continue working on it. The crash occurs when I'm using another computer.

Hi Tokolachi,

Please Submit a Ticket and attach the package that is causing the problem. In the ticket, please also give further details of your computers - OS, locale and any Command Line Switches you are using.

Thanks,

Yvonne

I have about the same problem which lianja app builder crashed when my application fired up.
    - I tried to remove the application from my project and start the app from app list, its work once but again and keep crashing lianja
    - tried to delete database and run the app without database, its show up but of course with error of variables are missing. then I close it
    - recreate database (import ODBC DataBase with virtual tables)
    - restart my application, hey its work.... but all setting like choices, get/set data mapping, etc. on the grid are all missing also my form is now blank, only left devider

what is the best way to back up application on Lianja?
    is there any setting to keep my application as is when application run in the event of database absent?
    Last edited by amirmz@yahoo.com; 2015-09-26 at 01:51.

Lianja MVP
    Hi Amir,

In general, Git (or equivalent) for the app, and Dropbox (or equivalent) for databases, are the easiest ways to share applications among developers.

For an all-in-one solution, Sourcegear's Vault can handle app files and databases. Git is better (once you understand it) for keeping release versions and development versions and hotfixes, etc. all straightened out.

Hank

Hi Amir,

Have a look at the built-in backups in the Versions Workspace. You can see how to use it here:

http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ull=1#post3515

Regards,

Yvonne