Thread: Linking a grid item to another page

Linking a grid item to another page

Next step on Lianja 101:

If you create a hyperlink for items in a grid, how do you link clicks on that item to open another page/report and go to that record?

For example there is a grid with three fields. ItemID, ItemName and ItemColor. ItemName becomes the link field. When the user clicks on the link, we want them to open another page/report and show all the details for that ItemID.

Extra bonus, a user has done a search on a grid, they click on a button and we want the user to be taken to a page/report that has a the same filter/searched records as the grid they were just using.

[I think these operations/skills are related thats why I am asking this way]
    [[I tried searching querystring in the forum but didn't find anything, maybe Lianja doesn't use that method/terminonology]]

In the catalog view example, the caption becomes the link, caption delegate pageagename.somesection and link by the last name. I couldn't find an example for the grid to page join

Thanks

Hi mpatrizio,

With the 'Hyperlink' Attribute of a Grid Section Column checked to True (double-click the Column Header to access the Attributes), the containing Grid Section 'Link Click' event delegate is called when the link is clicked. The event delegate is passed two parameters: the 'Data source' of the Column and the value of the clicked cell.

Lianja.showDocument() can be used for actions such as selecting another Page, searching for a value using the Page Search field etc.

Lianja System Object

SHOWDOCUMENT() function

Regards,

Yvonne

Thank you.

Another question, what happens if I have hiding the identity of the row (personID) and using the person's Name as the clickable link. There are two people in the database named Jeff Smith. How do I get the ID of the row (or any column value for that matter) instead of the clicked column?

Hi Mpatrizio,

For the Lianja Web Client, the link value will need to be unique to be able to identify the record in the 'Link Click' event delegate.

Regards,

Yvonne

That's what I thought, but what if you don't want to expose that unique value to the user? I don't see a way to link the name field and when clicked pass on the unique ID column that is hidden or otherwise not shown to the user. Is there a method to do that easily?

Hi Mpatrizio,

Not that I am aware of. It might be worth putting in as an Enhancement Request. I can see it would be useful.

Regards,

Yvonne

Hi Mpatrizio,

I've just submitted a ticket for this myself. Can I just double-check that it is in the Lianja Web Client you will be running this? In the desktop App Center Client, the link click will select the clicked record anyway, so you can access the full record details.

Regards,

Yvonne

Anywhere, desktop, mobile, web... Thanks for submitting the ticket

Lianja MVP
    Hi Yvonne,

speaking of links, mobile, etc., what is the state of SET/GET on mobile? In a way, that seems to be a cause of the issue here. Were it in place, the .value of the control would be the FK value, and problem solved, more or less.

thanks,

Hank