Thread: [Answers] Licencing

Threaded View

Lianja MVP

[Answers] Licencing

Please read the following if your trial license reports that it has expired immediately on installation or if your purchased license fails to activate:
    1. First check your system date. If your system date is incorrect, correct it and restart your machine, then restart your Lianja product or retry the license activation.
    2. If you installed Lianja App Builder on Windows and did not install in the default C:\Lianja\ folder, check that you defined the LIANJA_DIR environment variable pre-installation as instructed on the Download page and illustrated on this screenshot (looks a bit complicated but really very simple). If you did not set up the environment variable pre-installation, set it up now and re-run the installer.
    3.---
    4. If you are activating a purchased license, please make sure you have an active Internet connection. If you are on Windows and are using a proxy server, your Internet Explorer proxy server settings will be used. This is the case even if IE is not your default browser, so the settings in IE need to be valid.

Q:
    What about the free cloud Server licence within the "Lianja APaaS Developer licence" if I went for the subscription now? What exactly do I have to pay from the second year on for ApaaS and Cloud Server? Is it still the APaaS only or the ApaaS AND the Cloud Server licence?
    What happens at the end of the one year subscription in general? Am I still able to maintain my Project with the last release of Lianja or is the licence obsolete after one year and I am only able to use the run time versions of what I wrote/publish in my own little company?

A:
    You have the option to renew your subscription at the pricing in a years time.
    Special pricing does does not carry over to subsequent years.
    The subscription licenses are perpetual. You only need to renew to receive the major versions after the date of expiry of your subscription.

Q:
    I purchased Lianja APaaS and got Lianja Cloud server with it. I installed APaas to my laptop and it was registered and working.
    Today, I installed Lianja Cloud on windows 2012 server on D:\lianja. The installation was successful but Lianja Sql server service was not started. When I enter license key, it gave me invalid or expired license key message. How can I activate it ?
    A:
    After the installation completes, if you have installed to a drive other than C:, please copy the drive:\lianja\licenses folder and contents to C:\lianja\licenses to ensure that licenses are handled correctly.

Q:
    My company has a POS built in VFP. This system is using Foxpro native dbf files. We are running this POS program on our own shops (same company) which are more than 100. These shops send data to main office via email. For database or other support, we send script files (.Fxp) to these shops. No direct internet link with main office. I want to switch to Lianja. We have 2 developers. What will be the best Lianja licensing option for us?
    A:
    If you are only implementing desktop Apps and you do not want to access third party SQL data sources then you only need to purchase 2 x Lianja App Builder Standard Edition.
    If you also want to access to other SQL data e.g. MSSQL or MySQL then you will need 2 x Lianja App Builder Professional Edition.
    If you want to build Web and Mobile Apps also you should purchase 2 x Lianja App Builder APaaS Edition.
    For desktops Apps Lianja is runtime royalty free.
    For Web and Mobile Apps you need to purchase a Lianja Cloud Server.

Q:
    Currently we are developing only desktop applications. But we have request from our staff for web or mobile interfaces. Do I need to buy Lianja App Builder professional as well as Lianja App Builder APaaS for both desktop and web/mobile or Lianja App Builder APaaS Edition is enough for desktop/web/mobile applications development? We have other VFP desktop applications used in main office which may be converted from desktop to web.
    How will I get database support with Lianja App Builder runtime for desktop applications? Do I have to buy more than 100 Lianja database licenses?
    A:
    Lianja APaaS Developer provides everything you need to develop desktop, web and mobile apps.
    To deploy your desktop apps there is nothing to purchase as the apps you build are runtime royalty free, meaning that you can create an installer package and install at each of your branches.
    Actually v1.1.2 allows remote connections too so you can test on tablets and phones.
    for production deployment you need to purchase Lianja cloud server.
    Normally this is used to serve all offices/branches.
    if you require this to be deployed at each local branch you can contact us for a corporate license quotation.

Q:
    With the APaaS licence I can install the App Builder on my desktop to build and test applications. Can the Cloud Server be hosted on a VM say in AWS for testing web & mobile apps? Can my client(s) access the apps hosted on the Cloud Server during the development phase (subject to the 10 connections limit)?
    A:
    No currently it will only run licensed on the machine that you have installed and activated the APaaS Developer license on.
    We have been discussing this requirement for testing though so this restriction may be removed in a future release.

[Licencing Clooud server] After the installation completes, if you have installed to a drive other than C:, please copy the drive:\lianja\licenses folder and contents to C:\lianja\licenses
    [edit]NOT ANYMORE

[Licencing Clooud server]
    If you installed Lianja Cloud Server or Lianja SQL Server and did not install in the default C:\Lianja\ folder, our apologies, but the Lianja Servers are looking for licenses in C:\Lianja\licenses. Please copy your <installation-path>\Lianja\licenses folder to C:\Lianja\licenses.
    [edit]NOT ANYMORE

All topics in [Answers] alphabetically:http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-04-13 at 13:44.