Hi Chris,

a lot depends, on Dave says, on the nature of your imports, etc.

If what you want to do is make the Lianja app be sync'd with the current app, that would suggest the need to ZAP tables on the Lianja side, and then populate with what is on the VFP side (absent timestamps on records, etc., that would allow delta updates). You can do this in a couple of ways.

1) you can actually open fox tables in Lianja, but fields over 10 chars in length will have names truncated.

2) you can use the Sybase Advantage odbc driver in Lianja (direction given in a forum posting: search on sybase advantage) to pull the data. However, you can run into issues with indexes on your DBF's containing VFP functions not recognized by Sybase. (DataDirect sells a driver as part of a $2K package, but from the trial I saw no difference in performance from the Sybase driver: neither optimizes SELECTs beyond 1 join, for example).

All-in-all, if you are thinking of syncing for testing, I'd suggest setting up a Stored Procedure in your Lianja DB that zaps all the tables, run that from VFP using the Lianja ODBC driver, and then push all new data up.

BTW: it's great to see that you've grokked the Lianja way of writing apps. I'm a slow initial learner, so it took me a multitude of WTF's before I got it. I like to think it was because of my slowness in getting it that Barry wrote all that he has trying to help others get it. <s>