Thread: Request an Example App

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Request an Example App

The Lianja App Builder distro includes a variety of small example Apps designed to help you understand the functionality and features of Lianja. In this forum you can request additional small example apps that will be posted as Lianja .lpk files which you can import into Lianja.

If there is something you don't quite understand or just need an example of how to do something in Lianja then post your request here.

These example apps will sometimes be developed by Lianja support staff and sometimes by Lianja Developer Community members who already understand the subject that you need explained.

The example apps requested must be self contained Apps that do not require any additional software to be installed. Useful examples will be added to future distros.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Hi,

I think an app that uses restful data would be very helpful.
    perhaps a small example of using XML and Json results.

Herb

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    Hi Herb,

JSON and XML will soon be directly accessible from Virtual Tables using an enhanced syntax to the CREATE/ALTER VIRTUALTABLE command. This will enable JSON and XML CRUD operations to be handled transparently by the Lianja database engine.

We will add an example in at that point.

Hi,

I've been involved with Visual FoxPro over the years but new to Lianja. How do I go about getting an example showing how to integrate Visual FoxPro with Lianja. Not sure if my assumption is correct here but can I visually design a form in the Lianja GUI and use FoxPro code in events to hook things up ? For example can I visually create a grid but supply it's data with FoxPro (SQLConnect) to create a cursor from a remote database ? If so can I get an example of this ?

Hi Weave,

Many of the example and demo Apps in the Lianja App Builder distribution include event delegates written in VFP/Lianja Script. For data access I would recommend looking at Virtual Tables. There is an introduction here: http://www.lianja.com/resources/blog...-tables-part-1 with more doc to come. What is the remote data source?

Regards,

Yvonne

It's a MySQL database. Can I connect to this with self signed certificates ?

Thanks the reply !

Hi Weave,

It uses the MySQL ODBC Connector, so if you've got a working DSN or connection string Lianja should be able to use it.

Regards,

Yvonne

Lianja MVP
    Hi Weave,

Lianja can import VFP tables into Lianja Tables. Once that's done, yes -- except that for the most part, you specify validation, etc., in the attributes of the fields. Once the data are imported, the Introductory Videos give a good introduction on creating forms. In the course of doing those along with the videos, you will learn about the section and field attributes, through which most of any programming required will be done.

good luck,

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by weave View Post
    Hi,

I've been involved with Visual FoxPro over the years but new to Lianja. How do I go about getting an example showing how to integrate Visual FoxPro with Lianja. Not sure if my assumption is correct here but can I visually design a form in the Lianja GUI and use FoxPro code in events to hook things up ? For example can I visually create a grid but supply it's data with FoxPro (SQLConnect) to create a cursor from a remote database ? If so can I get an example of this ?