You design and build visual components in the canvas designer.
- You can save a Canvas section as a custom component which can be used as a custom gadget, embedded in a cell of a grid or embedded in a cell of a formgrid section.
- The name of the component is taken from the Canvas section Component Details attributes.
- This code should not be edited as it will be generated automatically every time changes are saved to a "Custom Component page".
- Components can be referenced using the notation component:/component_lib.component_name.
- It is best practice to make component libraries unique to your organization e.g. com_yourcompany. This will allow them to be used by other developers without causing any name clashes.
- When generating Web and Mobile Apps, components are included in the index.html file so there is no need to deploy them specifically.
Embedding a Visual Component
mycomponent = yourcomponentlib_componentname();
Customizing a Visual Component at runtime using props
This specifies the Component library for this App. Components that are generated are saved here.
This specifies the Components needed for this App. Separate each with a ';' to specify more than one, e.g.