New features in Lianja v5.3.
- Lianja v5 Release Notes
- Dashboard Sections can now layout horizontally on the same row as well as top to bottom, left to right.
- A new App, example_dashboard2 has been added to show how to layout sections horizontally. Find it listed under 'Examples|General' in the App Names explorer panel in the Apps Workspace.
- A new App, example_dashboard3 has been added. This App displays a grid on the left and a form on the right in a dashboard section. The action bar buttons navigate between records in the form section. Clicking on a row in the grid (on the left) relates a record in the form. You can then navigate the records with that "child key". Find it listed under 'Examples|General' in the App Names explorer panel in the Apps Workspace.
- Visual Components functionality has been extended, including a new Component Attributes Editor and Components Gallery.
- New example_component2 and example_component3 example Apps are included in the Lianja App Builder distribution to demonstrate the use of Visual Components. Find them listed under 'Examples|General' in the App Names explorer panel in the Apps Workspace.
- New DB_ODATATRACE environment variable / Windows registry entry for Web App performance tuning and debugging.
- The Modify Virtual Table... dialogpanel now has dialog buttons attached to the right of the fields which when clicked allows editing text in a popup editor.
This is particularly useful for editing long SQL statements.
- Attributes QuickView display of key attributes when you hover the mouse over the caption of a Form Section Field or Canvas Section Advanced Control.
- Grid Section Column subtotals are now supported in the Web/Mobile clients in the Grid Section Summary.
- Section Menus can now have the selected menu option highlighted.
- Inline Gadgets can flow with fields in a Form Section. Just check the Inline attribute and set a Fixed height. The caption, if not hidden, will be displayed beside.
- Gadgets now have additional attributes Desktop Margin Top and Web Margin Top allowing the top margin for inline gadgets to be set in Desktop, Web and Mobile Apps.
- Three new showdocument / Lianja.showDocument() actions:
- Additional page menuitems in the format caption,action|caption,action... where action corresponds to a showdocument() argument, e.g. exit: or closeapp:.
- New Grid methods: getRowColor(nRow) and getItemColor(nRow,nCol).
- MS SQL Server syntax nested select 'from' now supported by SQL SELECT, e.g.
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT * FROM customers WHERE country = "UK")
SELECT COUNT(*) AS ukcos FROM (SELECT * FROM customers WHERE country = "UK") ukcustomers
- New Column field attribute Check unique and corresponding checkunique Column Constraint to check for uniqueness. See also the new SQLCHECKUNIQUE() function.
- New Script Editor tab context menu options: 'Quick Preview' and 'Quick Preview All'.
- Timeline Sections are now supported in the Web client if the database has timeline=on metadata set.
- New example_timeline example App ('Database Timelines Example' in Demo Web/Mobile Apps) shows how to view dynamic timelines as you edit data.
- The Lianja.writeOutput() and Lianja.console() Lianja system object methods can now be used in server-side Lianja Server Pages in Web Apps to assist in debugging. The output is sent to the current debug_server_xxx.txt file in the Lianja debug directory.
- The systables system table now returns table information from all catalogs/databases whether a database is open or not. Previously, with a database open, it returned table information from that database only.
- New Shortcuts for Quick Project Package... and Quick Package... options to allow the creation of Lianja Package Files from the currently open Project or App.
- New Lianja method Lianja.getElementByControlsource(cSource) and synonym Lianja.getControlsource(cSource) to obtain a reference to data-bound UI formitems (Canvas Section advanced controls, fields and gadgets). The cSource corresponds to the formitem's Data source. See also Working with the Lianja Object Model.
- New Column Names panel context menu in the Data Files tab in the App Inspector.
- New Grid Section appearance attributes:
- New 'lianjadev' static role for testing roles and permissions during development.
- New --minimalui command line switch to start the Lianja App Builder with 'minimal' ModeBar icons: 'Teams', 'Doc' and 'Forums' are excluded.
- To simplify the ModeBar display, the icon captions can be toggled on and off from the View menu in the App Builder MenuBar.
- The source of text file based Page Navigation Panels can now be accessed via a quick link icon in the Navigation panel caption. See here for details.
- A keyboard icon is now displayed in the Command Window header and can be used to open the Command editor window. If any text is already selected in the Command Window it is loaded into the Command editor window. The editor window has buttons that include the options to save and run the code and open existing script files.
- Enhancements to building TabView Sections:
- Add file to Debugger is now available from the Apps Files and Library context menus.
- Instant search for all file lists in workspaces and the App Inspector tabs:
Pages in category "Lianja v5.3"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.