Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest dev news

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Latest dev news

We are just finishing off beta9r9 development which allows webviews to be editable (a webview section attribute) with a complete html5 editor. We have also allowed webviews to have a controlsource (a memo field of any size) so they are automatically rendered when you navigate through records and can be edited and updated automatically just like any other field on a form. This together with related sections makes building a content management system simple.

The html5 editor we have integrated into Lianja is completely written in JavaScript so this will work in webviews in the Lianja Cloud also.

We have also included the latest version of jQuery in the distro which can be used in WebViews. by including it in the distro no external Internet access is required to use it when running secure systems such as banking or finance systems.

Now that WebViews can be bound to data in database tables containing dynamic HTML content that leverages jQuery, coupled with the ability to make callbacks into VFP business logic, this opens up Lianja even more for creating rich data centric enterprise Apps.

Lianja MVP
    Dynamite!

That's good news as many of my users have been asking for this functionality. This product seems to improve on a weekly basis. Nice job you guys!

When do you expect to release beta9r9, I'm keen to see the html5 editing capabilities in webview sections.

Quote Originally Posted by barrymavin View Post
    We are just finishing off beta9r9 development which allows webviews to be editable (a webview section attribute) with a complete html5 editor.
    pls. give some indication when you are ready for last test and packing - either here or via tickets,
    then I can send over the latest iteration of the importer and not bother you with in between versions.
    With the test vcx included and runnable (now 2 vcx and 1 scx to test links into other files) I am now
    sure not send something totally broken over as I have agian familiarized myself with those structures
    and you can quick.test yourself with the included and some of your own files
    and flip a prepared switch to utilize ChrTran from then on ;-)

Blog Entries
    Probably get a pre-release uploaded on monday for those with access to early build downloads.

How do you select who has access to "early build downloads"?

Blog Entries
    Only MVPs get access to these.

Quote Originally Posted by barrymavin View Post
    Probably get a pre-release uploaded on monday for those with access to early build downloads.
    I think including the version I sent to you on 14th will be best.
    That version is better than the B9R8 and works on the test cases included.
    This version has grown in functionality, but is not really inviting to adapt. Since then I have mostly rearranged functionality across a few objects to better group functionality and ease understanding of the code to a newcomer wanting to correct/add something.

Just having open sourced it is a first step, but as there are enough new areas to explore, easing the entry effort might be a way to start participation on LianjaX. If Ticket 969 is fixed, I will finish the cleanup of the changed source attached there - mostly private to property where appropriate, but that code probably needs some updates/prefixes as I could not test it.
    This version will be much better suited for posting to LianjaX and next refreshes. Next step will be to have programs actually running afterwards, which needs some post-processing or additional code.
    For instance items .addobjected() have their .visible set to .f. - different to command add object behaviour. Also Options to clean other strictdates in property expressions, generate a fix for with-endwith or thisform and so on.
    Last edited by lazyfox; 2012-09-16 at 11:22.

Blog Entries
    Hi Thomas, I will give you early access to downloads/windows/beta.

Some of these things may require engine fixes so you should ticket them not just band-aid the converters. Not sure what you mean by "For instance items .addobjected() have their .visible set to .f.", that sounds like an incompatability that needs ticketed. Clearly the framework works as there are many examples of it in the "lianjademo". Anything incompatible that is coming from the VFP dcx/vcx converters can be looked at.

In Beta9R9 you can embed classes from scx/vcx in a custom section of a page so this is how I'd like to see testing done.

We will start like this first and then when the converters have improved (and passed QA) move them onto LianjaX.
    Last edited by barrymavin; 2012-09-16 at 15:34.