Thread: how to modify the command button position on a canvas section.

how to modify the command button position on a canvas section.

I wanna put another advanced command button on my canvas section but cant figure out how to change the position of the first command button. I cant even bring it up in the editor, cannot even select it for editing. When I place the second commmand button, it just goes right on top of the first button without me modifying its position on the canvas. WHAT AM I MISSING?

General Canvas Designer information: https://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/Canvas_Designer

Make sure you have not set 'Disable Move Events': https://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php...le_Move_Events

Regards,

Yvonne

Lianja MVP
    You need to drag it.
    Click on border and hold to get red lines, then drag it and drop where you want.

Name:  Screenshot - 23.03.2021. , 12_10_20.png
Views: 81
Size:  21.6 KB
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2021-03-23 at 06:13.

thank you!

The top and bottom sections are linked to the same table but when you add a record, I cant get the two or even one section to accept the user input for the new record. somehow lianja is keeping the two sections safe from each other in processing. What am i doing wrong?

Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-28 142341.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  91.7 KB

Lianja MVP
    Hi Josh,

The new grid panel in V6 solves grid + edit scenario for web, and enhances the capability in desktop. There are other programmatic solutions, but there is no purpose in re-inventing the wheel.

Also: when starting a new topic, it's recommended by the Forum admins that we start a new thread: it helps keep things straight.

Barry has said V6 is coming soon. He doesn't say that (or anything else) unless he means it. Based on previous releases (I've been here for all of them <s>), you won't have long to wait.

Hank

Cool. I can hardly wait.

Lianja MVP
    Me too: I have an app about to pre-release, and this will transform the interface.

In the "tab" section you can have as many tabs as you want. So if, e.g., a "person" has a number of 1:M relations -- which the user will rarely access but will on occasion -- that's a perfect place. Create a Visual Component and use it as the custom display for the tab, and Bob's your uncle, even if your uncle isn't the Prime Minister. This changes the landscape: literally.