Thread: Discarding field attributes

Discarding field attributes

Hi
    I created a table for customer details and set several field attributes, autoinc for ID field, mandatory for LASTNAME & FIRSTNAME, check unique for HOMEPHONE.
    However these settings are discarded when I move between Pages workspace and the Data workspace.
    Should this happen?

Paudie

Lianja MVP
    Do you have Inherit Dictionary Rules set to .T. for the section (default is .F.) and the fields/formitems (default is .T.)?

Hi Hank
    The attribute settings in the table are being discarded. Using Southwind employees , I set lastname to mandatory , create a form and the rule works. However when I go back and forth between the app and data workspace, the setting is discarded in the table and the rule does not work in the form. Weird!

Lianja MVP
    When you say "going back and forth" -- are you referring to publishing the app?

No. I am just working on the app. Its a simple customer data collection app. Home phone and mobile set to unique, to avoid duplicates and the remainder of the fields mandatory. The unique rule does not work as I am able to input same phone number on more than one record. Mandatory works but when I switch back to the data workspace the attributes get switched off on the table.

Lianja MVP
    You are not providing steps. Having you seen the peanut butter and jelly sandwich videos on YouTube? There need to be steps.