Thread: Metatype editor for datbase

Metatype editor for datbase

When in a page and I bring up the metadata editor I get a nice interface
    Name:  metaedit.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  75.6 KB

When using the metadata editor for database and tables the user needs to know the names of things to alter, such as formitem.caption

Would it be possible to have an GUI similar to the one for pages so that we can just click on items to add

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avianmanagement View Post
    When in a page and I bring up the metadata editor I get a nice interface
    Name:  metaedit.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  75.6 KB

When using the metadata editor for database and tables the user needs to know the names of things to alter, such as formitem.caption

Would it be possible to have an GUI similar to the one for pages so that we can just click on items to add
    Meta types and meta data are two different things entirely.

The Metadata editor knows nothing about the UI even though it can be used to associate attributes by prefixing them with formitem.

There is no app open when you use the metadata editor. Itís all about your data.

Ok I see now

I see that I can type things such as test.caption and give it a value and it accepts that.

Perhaps that is valid to be used I'm not sure.

If we could have some form of intelisence for items which one would use normally so that when I typed formitem. a list of valid entries for the wording after the . came up such a caption, enabled etc.

Even it is started when I typed the f or formitem it would show new users what items are available to them

That would be very nice and very productive for people trying to get to understand the system.

It would improve productivity and lower the learning curve a-little