Thread: A little help with debug.

A little help with debug.

Just wondering of some of you that have a bit of experience with Lianja could point me in the correct direction.

As I understand Lianja uses a JIT compiler normally so you canít just put a statement such as SET STEP ON in your code and run the program, you must run it from the debugger itself so that it runs in an interpreted mode.

With VFP I could put the statement (or set a break point) such as SET STEP ON in the init of a form and then I could happily look at all the objects on the form.

With Lianja how would you, or could you accomplish the same thing? If I say debug MyProgram.Lianja I just get the XLM looking code and I canít seem to do anything with it. How do I step through the code in the init of the page or section (or any other method or event), and how do I look through all of the objects on the page or section?

Also I looked through all of the documentation I could find and through all of the blog posts and found no documentation on using the debugger at all. So if there is something out there I'm missing I'd appreciate it if you would point me to it.

Cheers
    Jay

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    Yes we are looking into better integration with the debugger. Documentation is currently in progress.

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    Also there are always these commands:

SET DEBUGOUT ON
    DEBUGOUT expression

The output will be in c:\lianja\debug\debug.txt by default

Is there any way to link certain function keys/Accelerators to the buttons for step into, step over ?
    Mouse handling is possible, but in the debugger keyboard is much better for these actions, as they happen continously.
    The other options to step out or set current line I am used to from vfp would be nice,
    but the other stuff like mobile is more important at the moment IMO.

tia

thomas
    Last edited by lazyfox; 2012-09-13 at 05:29.

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    These are things that can be looked at in a later version. If you submit enhancement requests they will get looked at and considered once we get past the v1.0 milestone.