Thread: Lianja Cloud Continuous Delivery

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar

Lianja Cloud Continuous Delivery

Lianja Cloud will provide integrated Continuous Delivery using Amazon CodePipeline from an Amazon CodeCommit or GitHub git repository.

Amazon CodeCommit

Anyone with an AWS account can get started with AWS CodeCommit for free. Your account gets 5 active users per month for free (within limits), after which you pay $1 per additional active user per month. There are no upfront fees or commitments.

This AWS Free Tier offer for AWS CodeCommit is available to both new and existing AWS customers indefinitely, and does not expire at the end of the standard 12 month Free Tier term.

https://aws.amazon.com/codecommit/

We will provide more information about configuration when Lianja Hosted Cloud is available.

Amazon CodeDeploy

AWS CodeDeploy is a service that automates code deployments to any instance, including Amazon EC2 instances and instances running on-premises. AWS CodeDeploy makes it easier for you to rapidly release new features, helps you avoid downtime during application deployment, and handles the complexity of updating your applications. You can use AWS CodeDeploy to automate software deployments, eliminating the need for error-prone manual operations, and the service scales with your infrastructure so you can easily deploy to one instance or thousands.

One of the things we are also looking at is continuous database schema updates as part of the continuous delivery pipeline.

Amazon CodePipeline

AWS CodePipeline is a continuous integration and continuous delivery service for fast and reliable application and infrastructure updates. CodePipeline builds, tests, and deploys your code every time there is a code change, based on the release process models you define. This enables you to rapidly and reliably deliver features and updates. You can easily build out an end-to-end solution by using our pre-built plugins for popular third-party services like GitHub or integrating your own custom plugins into any stage of your release process. With AWS CodePipeline, you only pay for what you use. There are no upfront fees or long-term commitments.
    Last edited by barrymavin; 2017-06-14 at 21:37.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Hi,

This is something that I am interested in.
    In the meantime I am using a small hosted server from 1and1.
    What is the recommended way of deploying a cloudserver app to a hosted machine?
    I can deploy locally, then copy Data, App and wwwroot\app files via ftp or dropbox.
    But I was wondering if there is an easier way to deploy to a remote machine.

Thanks

Herb

Lianja MVP
    Hi Herb,

If you have an SFTP server on your 1&1, that's an option for deployment in Settings. Filezilla server, however does not have SFTP, so you would need a Custom publisher to do FTPS. Doing this with chilkat is very easy, so it could be a Lianja prg that you use as the custom publisher. I don't know what Lianja expects, but since it works with rsync, I'm guessing the arguments passed will be in that order.

Also: for your FTP server on 1&1 (which I use also), you will be getting hammered by bad guys trying to get in. I ended up limited the source IP in Windows Advanced Firewall to keep the server from being hammered.

hth,

Hank

Hi Hank,

Thanks - I will look into that.

Herb

Lianja MVP
    You would be calling the pathed Lianjaruntime.exe with the appropriate arguments.