Thread: Novice Deployment Problem

Novice Deployment Problem

On day 5 of the trial license and have come upon a problem I can't seem to locate. I tend to learn by total immersion, and a bit of banging my head against the wall. Looking to Lianja to modernize our VFP system that runs our business. I have learned enough in the past 5 days to know I like what I see and I am challenging myself to stay within the framework.

My current problem is testing in Preview on the Cloudserver. Seemed to be a simple task to deploy: check my Database and my single app and off we go. However in Preview, I get a blank screen that eventually times out. Checked this Forum; same issue was lack of a database. Double-checked and the database is in ...\cloudserver\tenants\public\data along with the sample databases. I assume this location is hard-coded somewhere. The sample works correctly. I have checked every log I could find on my drive but could not find any errors or warnings. Using the Developer section in Firefox, I need to add Firebug to this machine..., the only error I see is that the style sheet could not be loaded. I would think this would only cause a poor quality display of the HTML content. No problems loading js. Is there a verbose logging setting for the cloud server?

Ideas?

Thanks - James

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.
    It seems like you are on the right track.

The deployment locations are found in the settings (bottom left corner of the Lianja App Builder) and then check the directories and deployment sections.

Have a look at this post to see if anything might help.
    http://www.lianja.com/community/show...p-Views-Deploy

The wiki page outlines all default directory paths.

If you are still having problems, let us know and we will try to provide more assistance.

Cory

Hi James,

In Firefox, navigate to:

http://localhost:8001

Then login with admin/admin and select your App.

It sounds like it is having a problem with the redirect to the login page. I'll check into it.

Regards,

Yvonne

Thanks for the quick responses! I can see the App Center when I login. Example_webapp2 runs as expected, my app times out. I also found example_pagecenter which I experimented with in the Web App View. I used the Deploy button in Web App View. It runs, but takes 90+ seconds to appear. I also Deployed example_mobileapp1 from Web App View, but it has "not found" issues on the Index.html.

As per Cory, I am double-checking my pathing.

Could be development environment: Win XP (the coal-fired version) running in a VM on Mac OSX. May as well push the limits...

Thanks - James

Hi James,

Does your App appear correctly in the Web App View?

Regards,

Yvonne

I really should not be annoyed, it now works! I just don't know why. Tried redeploying per the v1.3 release notes, but didn't seem to help. Startup just continued till timeout...until it didn't. Does Cloudserver have to build some files, indexes, etc that could slow initial start? Could be browser cache... my personal nemesis! Probably shouldn't complain, but what if it happens again?

Thanks for all you help

- James
    Last edited by JamesPat; 2015-08-19 at 13:06.