Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Javascript Equivalent

Hi Hank,

Correct. There is nothing showing in the browser console.
    I just modified example_webvirtualtables and that one didn't display anything either.

The example_webvirtualtables does work in the desktop, although all data is loaded with the app.
    My virtual tables are created with 'where 1 = 0'

Cory

Lianja MVP
    Hi Cory,

I can see why example_webvirtualtables might work in the desktop and not on the web: the grid columns aren't defined. In your modified example, drag vt_customers on to the grid, and then see what happens.

Hank

Hi Hank,

I believe that is how I had modified the virtual table although just to make sure, I deleted all sections so that page was blank.
    I added a grid section then dragged vt_customers onto the grid. I set the grid to read only and activated the double click.

In development view, double clicking any row does display the correct information in the console, regardless of the record or page is it located on.
    In the web app view, there is nothing that shows up in the console of the web inspector.
    In the browser preview, there is nothing that shows up in the console of the (Chrome) browser.

Cory

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Double clicking a row in the web client will edit the row.

Clicking a grid row will select it. The record is made current in the cursor. The related sections are then refreshed.

You can click on a row and use the JavaScript console to access the cursor as I previously described to satisfy yourself.

rather than keep asking why don't you get familiar with using the JavaScript console in the browser. You can inspect the client environment yourself and determine the answer to your questions.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Hi Barry,

Why would double clicking a row in the web client edit the row if the grid is set to read-only?
    I am not editing information, I am only accessing certain displayed values. Double clicking may eventually lead to something else to happen.

I have used the javascript console and I'm learning more about it after each use.
    The code you provided does work as individual statements in the browser (after single clicking a row) although I am trying to get it to work from the grid double click event using Lianja.

I have also tried to add the code in the grid click event and the console still does not show the information.

It does not appear that the single click and double click events work in the web client or the web app view.
    I have added only Lianja.writeOutput and Lianja.showNotification code and neither were displayed in these two modes.

Cory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12