Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cached copy of .dbo?

  1. #1
    Lianja MVP
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Berea, KY, USA

    Cached copy of .dbo?

    In testing a deployment, I found a (can you believe it?) mistake in a .prg. So I corrected the mistake, tested it in the app, which tested OK.

    I then redeployed to the app center. Confirmed that the new .dbo was there.

    And the same error occurs. In my runtime errorhandler I SAVE ERROR and then import into a memo field. It shows the erring line in the .dbo as not having been changed.

    I rinsed and repeated a number of times.

    Apparently there is some caching going on? If so, how to clear? If not, any suggestions?



    Addendum: I found a copy of the App Center running rogue (no UI showing) -- I had started the app directly, bypassing the app center. When attempting to End Task (or get a Dump File) I get an Invalid Operation.

    Name:  6p6za6GWznouAbYF1FzDedfu8EnyW.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  35.1 KB

    I suspect a reboot will fix the issue.

    Last edited by HankFay; 2014-04-25 at 15:27.

  2. #2
    Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    UK, USA, Thailand
    There is in caching going on. Sounds like the dbo file was still open by your runtime app and could not be overwritten.

    No idea what the app is doing with no UI nor why you could not kill it. Sounds strange.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

    Follow me on:




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Journey into the Cloud
Join us