PDA

View Full Version : Installing AppCenter

gtgeek88
2013-01-02, 16:48
Installation is now a bit more confusing. I thought the install was just being split up for whatever reason. I had the previous version of Lianja installed and I installed AppBuilder, then AppCenter. Later I saw the admonition to not do that. I also saw this: "Do not install the Lianja App Builder on a system that already has the Lianja App Center installed. The Lianja App Builder installer includes the Lianja App Center." Well, the previous installation installed both, so what would you do? Uninstall the whole thing and then just install AppBuilder? So my question is, do I have a screwed up installation right now. It seems to work fine, but I haven't really pounded on it.

barrymavin
2013-01-02, 18:26
The App Center is the runtime client. I will look over the download instructions as it should state that. It probably will not affect anything that you are doing as it primarily affect python.

gtgeek88
2013-01-02, 18:56
On this page - http://www.lianja.com/index.php/component/rsfiles/files?folder=Windows (and the pages for the other platforms) - you might want to put the note about only needing AppBuilder and whatever else might apply. You only get that info if you read the document under the Details link or if you look at the roadmap. I didn't do either of those.

SwissCharles
2013-07-26, 10:56
Hi folks, new here, thanks for bearing with me :)

I've installed te App Builder. Everything seems OK but when selecting the Home Space there is just a black screen (an acid green at first )

Also, the App Space doesn't show any apps and there is no login screen when launching Lianja...

What do I miss??

Thanks for your input!

Kind regards from Switzerland

Charles

CGibson
2013-07-26, 11:09
Hi Charles,
What system is the install for?

yvonne.milne
2013-07-26, 11:10
Hi Charles,

I'm assuming you're on Windows and installed to a drive other than the System Drive, in which case, please check back to the Installation Instructions on the Download Page (http://www.lianja.com/component/rsfiles/download?path=Windows%2FLianjaAppBuilder-1.0.0-RC7-windows-installer.exe) regarding required environment variables.

If that's not the case, can you let us know which platform you are on and where you installed Lianja?

Thanks,

Yvonne

SwissCharles
2013-07-27, 02:20
Hi Yvonne, C,

Sorry for forgetting to state the OS: It's Win 7 Pro latest patch.

And, no, I didn't change anything but let Lianja install itself where it wanted to.
As install directory I selected C:\Program Files\Lianja <-- it doesn't need to be in the root, no??

Lianja itself did then install some files into C:\Lianja.

Looks all standard to me?

Thanks for your input!

Charles

barrymavin
2013-07-27, 02:32
Hi Yvonne, C,

Sorry for forgetting to state the OS: It's Win 7 Pro latest patch.

And, no, I didn't change anything but let Lianja install itself where it wanted to.
As install directory I selected C:\Program Files\Lianja <-- it doesn't need to be in the root, no??

Lianja itself did then install some files into c:\lianja

Looks all standard to me?

Thanks for your input!

Charles

Hi Charles,

That won't work. You can change the drive but it must be installed in into \Lianja e.g c:\lianja or d:\lianja

program files is not a real directory and in fact is a user specific virtual directory. This can't be accessed properly by certain of the Lianja products e.g Lianja SQL Server which runs as a service.

Better to uninstall and just take the default location.

HankFay
2013-07-27, 11:44
Hi Charles,

I'm assuming you're on Windows and installed to a drive other than the System Drive, in which case, please check back to the Installation Instructions on the Download Page (http://www.lianja.com/component/rsfiles/download?path=Windows%2FLianjaAppBuilder-1.0.0-RC7-windows-installer.exe) regarding required environment variables.

If that's not the case, can you let us know which platform you are on and where you installed Lianja?

Thanks,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

I've seen the same thing on 1 of 2 Linux RC7 (release) (CentOS 6.4 x64) installs. I haven't had time to investigate.

thanks,

Hank

SwissCharles
2013-07-28, 07:14
Hi Charles,

That won't work. You can change the drive but it must be installed in into \Lianja e.g c:\lianja or d:\lianja

program files is not a real directory and in fact is a user specific virtual directory. This can't be accessed properly by certain of the Lianja products e.g Lianja SQL Server which runs as a service.

Thanks Barry, I did that and it now works as advertized.
Perhaps, a hint on the install dialog that it has to be in the root of the drive could be helpful?

Charles

HankFay
2013-07-28, 12:50
Hi Charles,

Is it possible to install one version in c:\lianja and another version in d:\lianja without causing problems? (Keeping the shortcuts separate by hand-editing, of course.)

thanks,

Hank

yvonne.milne
2013-07-29, 04:21
Hi Hank,

You would also have to handle keeping the environment variables separate.

Regards,

Yvonne

yvonne.milne
2013-07-29, 05:42
Hi Yvonne,

I've seen the same thing on 1 of 2 Linux RC7 (release) (CentOS 6.4 x64) installs. I haven't had time to investigate.

thanks,

Hank

Hi Hank,

We did briefly have an App Builder RC7 Lin64 in the beta Downloads that displayed this behaviour and I put it down to a corrupted upload as I couldn't reproduce it after a re-upload / download / install. If you get the chance, can you let me know the size of the installation file - it should be 101667854 bytes - or any pattern you spot.

Thanks,

Yvonne

CGibson
2013-07-29, 08:48
Thanks Barry, I did that and it now works as advertized.
Perhaps, a hint on the install dialog that it has to be in the root of the drive could be helpful?

Charles

I did the same thing at first only because Microsoft has 'programmed' us to install files in 'Program Files'.
For most users, it's almost instinctive to select that location by default.

Cory