PDA

View Full Version : Copy Record Button

rg400005
2015-03-13, 05:22
Hi Lianja team,

congratulations for the impressive steps Lianja made since I have download a version long time ago.

At home I'm on a Mac, in the office I use Windows.

Q: In my VFP Apps (VFP9 with VPME) there is a copy record button, which takes the actual record and copies all the contents to the new records ( pls the options which are defined in the vpm datadictionary).

Is this feature also available in in the current version ? If not, how do I code that with Lianja (VFP ).

Thx and best regards from
South of Germany ( Ulm )

Rainer

CGibson
2015-03-13, 09:36
Hi Rainer,

Welcome to the forum.
I'm probably missing the mark with this response (if I am, I apologize), although I thought I'd try to help.

Copying a record, could this not be achieved using scatter (http://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/SCATTER) and gather (http://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/GATHER) (assuming the table structure is the exact same)?

SELECT table1
SCATTER TO memhold
SELECT table2
APPEND BLANK
GATHER FROM memhold

Cory

HankFay
2015-03-13, 10:01
Hi Rainer,

what frame were (or are) you using in VFP?

Hank

phabio
2015-03-13, 10:13
Hi Hank,
VPME = Visual Promatrix EnterPrise.

Hi Rainer.
if you have a primary key:

SELECT table1
SCATTER TO memhold
SELECT table2

m.yourprimarykey = newKey
APPEND BLANK

GATHER FROM memhold

rg400005
2015-03-13, 10:40
Hello and thank you for the fast response,
after "clicking and playing around for some hours" Im still happy with lianja.

Ah, copy the record to a buffer, replace some contents and push it back..
So my old FoxPro 2.6 knowledge is still worth to use it again...
Didn't know its so simple. Maybe I should fetch my FP 2.6 book from YAG ( purchased in the 90s at the Singapore Airport during a long stopover) again from my archive..

Thanks again.
Rainer

HankFay
2015-03-13, 11:11
Hi Rainer,

yes, and you can do this with Virtual Tables as well. VT's are like remote views in VFP, but without the hassle.

Hank

barrymavin
2015-03-13, 21:55
Thanks Rainer.

Lianja is under continual development with frequent releases.

The development roadmap is open and details what has been developed and what is scheduled for the future.

One thing you will discover with Lianja is that there any often several ways to do the same thing.

Lianja was never designed to be a VFP clone but rather provide a means to build modern desktop, web and mobile apps leveraging your existing knowledge in either VFP, JavaScript, Python or PHP.

In your particular case the embedded Lianja/VFP scripting language should enable you to leverage your VFP knowledge and lessen the learning curve.