PDA

View Full Version : Where's my index.html?

HankFay
2014-03-22, 23:07
I've deployed a test app to LCS, but am not seeing the index.html.

example_webapp comes up ok. And my files did get deployed (used the copy method, as it's all on my desktop/notebook). But there is no index.html to point to.

thanks,

Hank

barrymavin
2014-03-22, 23:33
Hi Hank,

Bearing in mind that you have v1.1 pre-release so this is not relevant to v1.0 developers.

When you "Save" an App from the 'Pages" workspace, if you have checked off "Desktop", "Web", "Tablet", or "Phone" in the app settings then the following files will be generated and placed in the required location.

index.html
tablet_index.html
phone_index.html

You can first of all try and run it by opening up a "Web App View" then clicking "Preview". That will save the App generating the code and run it in the default desktop browser.

barrymavin
2014-03-22, 23:38
Your HTML5/JavaScript Apps will be located relative to the apps directory in the Cloud Server settings.

On windows the default is:

C:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\apps\

So if you have an app called "hank" the file will be in:

C:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\apps\ hank\index.html

So in the browser you can type this in the address bar of the browser:

http://localhost/apps/hank/index.html

hmischel@diligentsystems.com
2014-03-23, 11:51
Hi Barry,

I am finding that when I deploy my app, then make a change to the app, I often don't need to re-deploy when saving the code for a cloud server app.
Meaning - if I deploy, then change and open the app in a browser, then click the save button, those changes are usually reflected when opening //localhost:8001/apps/<myappname/index.html.

More of a curiosity than anything else - but if my app if purely cloud server based, what changes would I need to make to make me want to re-deploy?

Thanks.

Herb

HankFay
2014-03-23, 20:44
Hi Barry,

right: and that's what is not there after I deploy, also. The webview isn't showing the html document in preview, and the index.html does not get created on deploy.

I've sent in the app on a ticket. If you get it working, you'll be able to learn about Lianja in the webview. :)

thanks,

Hank

barrymavin
2014-03-23, 21:00
The index.html file is always saved when you save an app and you have "Web" checked in the app settings.

the app files are copied when you save.

the library files are not so you may need to deploy them if you are using some custom ones.

your data will need deployed; this is shared by desktop runtime, web, tablet and phone.

There is a new icon in the header of the library and apps workspace that allows you to save an edited file and deploy it.

hmischel@diligentsystems.com
2014-03-23, 21:20
Hi Hank,

(Apologizing up front if I am not reading you correctly)

After you deploy, you still need to open it one time in the browser view from within the app and click the save button.

Then you can open the file via //localhost:8001/apps/hank.html

( I have port 80 using my non-lianja apps)

Herb

HankFay
2014-03-23, 21:30
Hi Herb,

still no joy.

It got generated for another program I previewed, but not the the two I set up with this webview.

thanks for trying :),

Hank

PS: it's index.html for all the apps, I believe, but I knew what you meant.

barrymavin
2014-03-23, 21:48
Hi Herb,

Should be (in your case):

http://localhost:8001/apps/hank/index.html

HankFay
2014-03-23, 21:55
Hi Barry,

yes, and it's not there. Nor in the filesystem (under ....public/wwwroot/apps/myapp/).

thanks,

Hank

barrymavin
2014-03-23, 22:27
What operating system are you working on?

HankFay
2014-03-24, 06:47
Win 8.1 Professional

My bad: I was clicking the wrong Save button.

I've adjusted the ticket to indicate that only the webview display is an issue.

thanks,

Hank

yvonne.milne
2014-03-28, 09:40
You can see the latest Web App View functionality (v1.1 Beta 6 at time of posting) in the updated Getting Started Video (links here (http://www.lianja.com/community/showthread.php?1851-Video-Getting-Started-building-Apps-for-Lianja-Cloud-Server-and-Lianja-Web-Client)).

Regards,

Yvonne