PDA

View Full Version : There are some open questions for Foxpro developer!

j.nord
2014-03-09, 06:56
We think you have a good job done with your new product. The market is looking for a good product without Oracle (Java) and Microsoft (.net).

But there are some questions for a Visual Foxpro developer:

1. The performance off lianja. How fast is the database Access? (over 1.000.000 records)
2. How much rework brings us the Migration? We hope, that we not must rewrite the half of the program.
3. We have a great program, that we do not want to split for the migration. Is that possible?
4. Is there an example Programm (not "Hello World") that we can download as runtime and as source for testing?

It would be nice if they could give us answers to the questions.

regards

j.nord

barrymavin
2014-03-09, 07:09
To answer your questions.

1. How fast at doing what? In v1.0 there were known issues browsing millions of records in grids. This has been rectified in v1.1. Working with millions of records is not a problem in forms and the database engine itself is fast and reliable.

2. and 3. Rather than repeat what is already written on the blogs, I would suggest you read through them.

4. There are many sample apps included in the distribution that you downloaded. They are not "Hello World" Apps. You can examine them and see how they were built.

barrymavin
2014-03-09, 07:33
You do not mention if you want to have this application running on the web and mobile, or it it a desktop only application you are interested in? Is this just for windows?

What exactly is it you want to achieve?

We are a developer friendly company so whatever you want to achieve we can help you, just define what it is you actually want to do.

Just migrating a VFP application can be done but you won't get the best out if Lianja as you can expand into the cloud and mobile across many different platforms.

j.nord
2014-03-21, 10:23
You do not mention if you want to have this application running on the web and mobile, or it it a desktop only application you are interested in? Is this just for windows?

What exactly is it you want to achieve?

We are a developer friendly company so whatever you want to achieve we can help you, just define what it is you actually want to do.

Just migrating a VFP application can be done but you won't get the best out if Lianja as you can expand into the cloud and mobile across many different platforms.

The migration of large existing Foxpro projects is the most important (Forms, Reports, Classes and Code) When can we expect that also reports can be converted?

We have Deskop programs that need to be migrated first. The migration should not lead to rewrite 50% code.

The implementation of the cloud application would be the second Step.

Regards

j.nord

barrymavin
2014-03-21, 10:52
The forms, classes and code should migrate over into Lianja, There is functionality in Lianja to import them.

Reports are not scheduled until v2 as detailed on the roadmap.

as you progress with your migration you can get support on these forums and if you find anything that does not work as expected please submit a ticket so that we can look into it.

barrymavin
2014-03-21, 10:56
I should also bring to your attention that features and functionality that are detailed in the roadmap can be moved forward in time as "Sponsored Features" which makes them available earlier.

Quailco
2014-04-17, 12:16
Do have an estimate when reports will be convertible into Lianja. I understand V2 but what is the current estimate.

barrymavin
2014-04-17, 12:32
We cannot place dates on v2. We will continue to be open and transparent as our development progresses through the roadmap.

We have not slowed the pace of development and have continued to listen to developers and prioritize development based on their needs.

Developing a product as comprehensive as Lianja takes a great deal of effort. It is not just a desktop IDE, it encompasses web and mobile app development also.

If you cannot live without converted VFP reports then you have several options; wait until the converter is implemented, sponsor the development, or write it yourself.

K!k3
2014-04-23, 18:38
Who knows how can modify VFP forms (o create news, but windows form -not pages-) using VFP clases (if possible) and tables.

I have many apps with many forms, classes, reports, tables, etc; but I need re utilice the maximun resource possible; o at least my Lianja App been "equal" to my VFP app.

I need a brief tuto, for made forms, with records (e.g. Login, I need a table for display the options in a combobox).

Other thing, I create a Canvas, put in two CommandButtons, but i can't modify them, I can't select them for edit, how can do it?

Thanks

Victor Navarro
Barranquilla, COLOMBIA
ICQ 279 364 380
Face: +573008102508 (http://www.facebook.com/victorenrique.navarrohoyos)
MSN: eres_un_vago@hotmail.com
Mail: eres_un_vago@yahoo.es (mailto:eres_un_vago@yahoo.es)
Whatsapp: +573008102508
PIN: 7A3F5E60

cyrilbaskir
2014-04-23, 21:30
Other thing, I create a Canvas, put in two CommandButtons, but i can't modify them, I can't select them for edit, how can do it?

Thanks

Victor Navarro

Hi Victor

You click just above the button to get its properties dialogue!

K!k3
2014-04-24, 13:30
Thanks very much.

With you, I learn very much.

I don't know how made "windows" (forms like VFP) and others, like a old VFP app.
(The next version of my app will have all Lianja's features)

Victor Navarro
Barranquilla, COLOMBIA
ICQ 279 364 380

barrymavin
2014-04-24, 23:34
After selecting a UI control in a canvas section there are two shortcut keys available also.

F4 edits the "default" delegate for the UI control e.g. "click delegate" for a CommandButton or "Changed delegate" for a TextBox etc

F5 slides in the "Attributes" panel from the right for the selected control.

K!k3
2014-04-29, 18:45
Hello

Urgent, help me please.

I'm not found how "link" tables to the canvas; I need show in a comboboox the valor of table's registry; and I need write in another column (in same table) the valor read in a textbox.

In VFP I had a "data source", but I don't know to use in Lianja.

Please

Thanks

Victor Navarro
Barranquilla, COLOMBIA
ICQ 279 364 380

yvonne.milne
2014-04-30, 08:19
Hi Victor,

You can drag 'n' drop fields from a table in the Sidebar, just like you would into a Form Section. These fields are then automatically bound. For Advanced Controls that you add from the Form Tools, you can set the 'Data source' attribute.

If you set the 'Choices' attribute on a standard formitem, it will be displayed as a combobox.

Regards,

Yvonne

K!k3
2014-05-02, 17:33
Hi Victor,

You can drag 'n' drop fields from a table in the Sidebar, just like you would into a Form Section. These fields are then automatically bound. For Advanced Controls that you add from the Form Tools, you can set the 'Data source' attribute.

If you set the 'Choices' attribute on a standard formitem, it will be displayed as a combobox.

Regards,

Yvonne

Thaks

I need to prove to my bosses, Lianja's the better choise.
Please help me to made it.

If I prove them, they buy many Lianja's licences.

Victor Navarro
Barranquilla, COLOMBIA
ICQ 279 364 380

K!k3
2014-06-04, 18:46
How can I "call" a form another?

Must I use the .scp extension? Can use I .scx?
Must I use the .vcp extension? Can use I .vcx?

Can I use "do form my_form_name.scp" or how do it?

Thanks, very much.

Victor Navarro
Barranquilla, COLOMBIA
ICQ 279 364 380

Quailco
2015-04-27, 12:28
Barry, is an estimate available for the release of 2.5 specifically the report conversion section been made yet. Do you expect that release to occur before september 2015.

Any information on this topic would help.

Thank you

Jim

[/I]

barrymavin
2015-04-27, 23:29
Hi Jim,

I cannot estimate when v2.5 will be ready but I am anticipating sometime this year.