PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction to Lianja Cloud Server

barrymavin
2013-09-03, 06:21
We are progressing well with Lianja Cloud Server development. The following article provides an introduction to Lianja Cloud Server.

http://www.lianja.com/resources/blog/39-coding-tips/386-an-introduction-to-lianja-cloud-server

avianmanagement
2013-09-03, 10:12
Hi Barry,

That looks really good.

Will Visual FoxPro Server Pages also run on MACs ? I notice there is no mention of Mac in the article.

If not can I develop apps that can use the cloud server from a MAC ?

David Le Mesurier

barrymavin
2013-09-03, 10:15
Lianja Cloud Server will initially be available for Windows and Linux. We *may* make it available on the Mac, but its more of a client operating system.

avianmanagement
2013-09-03, 10:27
Hi Barry,

I understand that the cloud server itself will be installed on a windows of Linux box, but will apps running on a MAC be able to connect to it to get the data etc? or have I understood how this work wrongly.

I understand it to be a server installed on a box somewhere that the apps connect to via the internet connection so all the data is stored off of the machine running the app.

barrymavin
2013-09-03, 10:51
Absolutely. Visual FoxPro server pages and JavaScript Server Pages can be used in WebViews.

HankFay
2013-09-03, 10:52
Hi Barry,

I understand that the cloud server itself will be installed on a windows of Linux box, but will apps running on a MAC be able to connect to it to get the data etc? or have I understood how this work wrongly.

I understand it to be a server installed on a box somewhere that the apps connect to via the internet connection so all the data is stored off of the machine running the app.

Yes

avianmanagement
2013-09-03, 11:03
So when using the cloud server does the user have to install anything on the computer, or do they just fire up a browser and the apps from the cloud server itself run in the browser itself, so everything is installed on the cloud server ?

HankFay
2013-09-03, 11:50
Just the browser (except for phonegap apps for mobile devices).

avianmanagement
2013-09-03, 11:52
Thanks Hank.

As usual I got it wrong. I thought it just served up the data via the cloud.

So my apps can run on clients MACS hit my a windows or preferably a Linux box with my server installed. Brilliant.

HankFay
2013-09-03, 13:45
Thanks Hank.

As usual I got it wrong. I thought it just served up the data via the cloud.

So my apps can run on clients MACS hit my a windows or preferably a Linux box with my server installed. Brilliant.

Yes, it is.

hmischel@diligentsystems.com
2013-09-03, 14:36
To Say I am excited about this would be a huge understatement.

:)

avianmanagement
2013-09-03, 14:57
Yes no more installs on client machine and having to deal with clients with hardware issues !

cyrilbaskir
2013-09-03, 18:52
To Say I am excited about this would be a huge understatement.

:)

+1

(borrowing Hanks terminology)