PDA

View Full Version : Files Missing when Importing Project

robertjacobs
2013-03-07, 09:47
I am trying to import a project with 100+ scx, 3 vcx, 25 prg, and other files. The import appears to stop and when I go to Console I see it finished doing the first VCX. No files show for the App unless I close the app and reopen. Now it shows 1 prg, 1 scp, 1 vcp and several bmp files.

Is this something I need to provide more details or is this an already reported issue. I know there was an issue before when importing multiple items but I thought it was fixed. Thanks.

yvonne.milne
2013-03-07, 09:51
Hi Robert,

It may be a beautify issue if it stops before importing all files and doesn't report an import error in the Console. Try commenting out the line (should be 295) in Library: vfp_import_xcx.prg to see if that allows the import to complete.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Step 4: Beautify the file
fclose(m.fp)
use
// vfp_beautify(m.cOutputFile) // Comment out this line
select &nSelect
? "Conversion complete."

robertjacobs
2013-03-07, 10:09
Yvonne

Yes - That allowed the import to complete and all files created. Is thery anything I need to do to help you with this?

With regards to beautify - I noticed before when I imported a single VCX with empty Methods that indented procedures were created at the end with no ENDPROC. They looked misaligned.

yvonne.milne
2013-03-07, 10:19
Hi Robert,

Yes, if you attach the vcx/vct that if failed on to a ticket, we can check it out.

Thanks

lazyfox
2013-03-07, 12:13
With regards to beautify - I noticed before when I imported a single VCX with empty Methods that indented procedures were created at the end with no ENDPROC. They looked misaligned.

Robert,
if in the vcx methods are only declared, but not filled with actual code, I think of them only as interface declarations.
Adding endproc would not change a iota in behaviour (I could skip writing them out completely for identical run-time-behaviour, but they ARE declared first at that vcx level...), but might explain the things you are seeing in the ported code and explain my comment line above those lines - they are not taken from vcx "methods" memo but from the "newly defined" memo ;-)
Beautify has still some problems as it expects the indentation to be correctly closed again.
Either Endproc gets added or beautify gets fixed, but having a method *not* ending in endproc could also happen in handwritten code,
so I personally would prefer the "interface" declarations to stay un-endproc'ed and beautify enhanced.
But if importer gets stable, adding a config/setup version to add endproc to those lines as well is clearly possible if there is interest in such nuances.

my very personal 0.02€

thomas