Thread: Where to create a new database using the standard Lianja App Builder.

Where to create a new database using the standard Lianja App Builder.

Creating a database using Lianja App Builder.

A really simple question but I can't find instructions or where to do it.

What tool does one use to create a Lianja Database with tables please?

When I try to create a new database under the Data Menu icon on the LHS & then right click & select New Database in the right-hand window, a message is displayed that this feature is not available for the standard version of Lianja (i.e. Lianja App Builder). Can someone please tell me where one can create a database (with related tables) in the Standard Version Lianja App Builder?

Help from anyone could be greatly appeciated. I have looked at the video tutorials etc but they ALWAYS assume that the database (foundation of the App) pre-exists, is filled with data and it never shows how the database was created.

Is it possible to hide options not available to users of the Standard Lianja App Builder? Or grey it out and display the not available message when the mouse hovers over the menu option. I have an intense dislike of windows products in general that have greyed out (not available) menu options with no explanation given when the mouse cursor hovers over the greyed out option.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Sorry for the confusion. The context menu of options (including 'New...') displayed when you see the 'not available' message are available and usable and the options only available in other editions are excluded. I have submitted a ticket for this for correction in the next release. You can also use the '+' New button at the bottom of the database tab to create a new database.

Have another look at the Guide to the Data Workspace video. The first part does deal with existing databases and importing, but from about 3:30 in it starts with creating a new database, creating tables and adding fields to a table. Tables are not related in the database itself, but using the Relationship Builder in the Pages Workspace.

Regards,

Yvonne