Thread: [Answers] Compile

Lianja MVP

[Answers] Compile

Q:
    compile all
    A:
    COMPILE *.prg

You have a script called cobro.prg and in your App you call it with 'do cobro'. In the App Builder this will look for cobro.prg and compile it if there is no cobro.dbo or if cobro.prg is more recent than cobro.dbo. In your deployed App in the App Center, this will look for cobro.dbo.

For example, I have created an App called 'myapp' and my starting script is called 'start.prg'.
    The compiled version of start.prg is start.dbo. When you run the script it will be compiled automatically, or you can use the COMPILE command from the Lianja/VFP command window in the Console workspace.
    I Deploy my App.
    I can modify the Lianja App Center shortcut.
    I just add the name of my starting script to the Command line for the Lianja runtime:
    C:\lianja\bin\lianjaruntime.exe 'C:\lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\apps\myapp\s tart.dbo'
    Now, when I use my shortcut, it will run my 'start' script.

In the desktop runtime client only compiled (.dbo, .vco, .sco) files are executed. Lianja will automatically strip off the source file extension and replace it with the compiled file extension.

All topics in [Answers] alphabetically: http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-03-02 at 07:32.

Lianja MVP
    Q:
    as the code will include some of our propitiatory stuff, we need it to be safe / compiled / binary. how is that achieved?
    A:
    Lianja/VFP scripts (.prg, .scp, .vcp) are deployed as their compiiled equivalents (.dbo, .sco, .vco). The files are compiled automatically when run in the Lianja App Builder or manually using the COMPILE command.
    If you want/need to compile manually, use the COMPILE command from the Lianja/VFP Command Window in the Console Workspace or the App Inspector.

Q:
    This mean that other stuff like python (which holds a lot of proprietary code) cannot be protected from being viewed or copied?
    A:
    The Python source needs to be included.

All topics in [Answers] alphabetically: http://www.lianja.com/community/show...ll=1#post12352
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-03-02 at 07:27.