Thread: Support for VFP Indexes

Support for VFP Indexes

Hi

I have a large VFP project that cannot be ported to Lianja because Lianja does not currently support VFP indexes. If I port to Lianja I need the ability to have the existing VFP application and Lianja to work on the same tables. The risks are too high to just take the VFP application and replace everything with Lianja. I need a more gradual transition which would require both versions of the application to run on the same tables until the migration was complete. Currently Lianja reads VFP tables but uses its own index type not supported by VFP. If Lianja supported VFP style indexes then VFP applications could be used in conjuction with Lianja allowing a less risky gradual migration to Lianja.

The purpose of this post is determine if there is enough interest/need to ask for this feature or to make it a sponsored feature that interested parties would fund. So I would like to know how many VFP developers really need this feature. If there is enough interest we can discuss the details by email later.

Thanks,
    Simon

I'm interested too.
    It would help a lot with partial/gradual migrations.
    I'm having a performance issue too that i'd like to discuss in another topic.

Federico.