Thread: Creating an app-distribution file

Creating an app-distribution file

Hello,
    Maybe I miss something,
    I upgraded my version to 1.1.1.
    create a table and a form, this works, I go to deploy and create a package, no problem.
    Create an installer, this works, but how can I implement the package in it ?
    Now I try to build the installer, I get;
    Lianja distribution Lianja AppCenter cannot be found, download it from lianja.com ?????
    Is there any doc with an describtion how to handle making distribution ?

Greetings, SnelSoft

Lianja MVP
    Hi snel,

You need to d/l the app center, but do NOT install it. Instead, put the entire exe in c:\lianja\redist: the installer takes it a puts the entire exe in the install, and then does a quiet install within your install.

Had me confused also.

hth,

Hank

Ok Hank,
    this works now, I can build a setup, but I don't fully understand the way it works.
    What is the need to build a package ?, can I build an installer from that package ?

Greetings, SnelSoft

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You create app packages (.lpk files) and these can be emailed to others to install in their existing app builder. So for example if you build an app called snel you could create a package for that and email it to me. I could then install it on my machine, make some changes and email it back to you.

In a forthcoming Lianja Cloud Server release these packages will be auto installed when uploaded to the server. That's their primary purpose.

You create an installer so that you can distribute your apps to your customers or install on end user desktops.

So in other words, packages are for web installs and installers are for desktop installs.
    Principal developer of Lianja, Recital and other products

Follow me on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/lianjaInc
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LianjaInc
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/barrymavin

Ok, thanks for explanation.

Please note that even if you have installed before, it is worth at least a quick read of the installation instructions (link on the product Download pages) for any additions or clarifications. The following is included at the start of the Lianja App Builder for Windows 1.1 installation instructions:

If you are distributing the Lianja App Center under the terms of your Lianja App Builder or Lianja APaaS Developer license, remember that the Lianja App Center can be included in your own installer. Download the distribution into your lianja\redist folder and see the template installer in the Deploy Workspace for how to run the Lianja App Center installation silently.